Offutt receives AAFES funds to reinvest for Airmen Published Dec. 16, 2022 By Kendra Williams, 55th Wing Public Affairs The 55th Wing recently received funds from the Army and Air Force Exchange Service generated through purchases from Offutt personnel during fiscal year 2022. The nonappropriated funds will provide financial support for military quality-of-life programs, such as operating outdoor recreation programs, golf courses, eating establishments, and base-wide events, like July 2022’s Patriot Fest concert. “It will help us provide top-notch programming and state-of-the-art facilities for all Airmen and their families at Offutt AFB,” said Thomas Fahrer, deputy director 55th Force Support Squadron. The quality-of-life programs are administered by the 55th FSS and supported through various means. “The Base Exchange, Shoppette, MyExchange.com and their concessionaires, as well as the force support squadron’s activities like bowling, Outdoor Recreation, Information Tickets and Travel, Arts & Crafts, Aero Club, the Warhawk Center, and utilizing UNITE funds on base all contribute to our organization’s ability to improve the quality of life for our personnel and their families,” said Lt Col. Davis, 55th FSS commander. A recent press release from AAFES public affairs stated that all the money earned by AAFES worldwide gets reinvested into military communities, with 41% going directly to develop AAFES services in person and online. The remaining 59% goes into dividends that support quality-of-life programs across the force. “Here at Offutt, AAFES and the 55th FSS offer services to over 57,000 active duty, reserve, and guard personnel, their families, our civilian workforce and retirees, and quite frankly, we love to serve them,” said Davis. “Every purchase in those areas is tax-free and any profit stays on base to benefit our offerings.” Check out additional information at https://www.offutt55fss.com.