55th Wing Public Affairs
/ Published November 30, 2017
Newly hired Health Promotion Coordinator, Roger Nelson, leads a class about the programs now being offered at the new Health Promotion office, formerly the Health and Wellness Center, at the 55th Medical Groups education center on Nov. 22, 2017 on Offutt Air Force Base, Neb. The mission of the Health promotion office is to provide services, classes and programs that support healthy behavior change to optimize mental, physical, social and spiritual health. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech Sgt. Rachelle Blake)
After a couple years absence, Health Promotion, formerly the Health and Wellness Center is back.
Newly hired Health Promotion Coordinator, Roger Nelson, brings over 30 years of well-rounded industry experience to Offutt. Nelson’s previous experience includes working as a Club Manager, Wellness Coordinator, Exercise Physiologist, Health Promotion Director and ACC Fitness Program Consultant.
Nelson is joined by Rob DeLair, Health Promotion Dietitian, as the only two staff comprising Health Promotions, located on the East Side of the Offutt Field House.
“There may only be two of us but we are bringing a lot to the table,” Nelson said. “To start, in January we are providing 10 new classes and four new programs.”
“Our mission is to provide services, classes and programs that support healthy behavior change to optimize mental, physical, social & spiritual health,” he added.
The new classes are:
• Eating, Exercising & Thriving Part 1 and 2
• Mastering Motivation
• Conquering Nicotine
• Stress to Strength
• Sleep Is King!
• Deflating Anger Part 1, 2 and 3
• Heart Healthy Living
The new programs are:
• Just Lose It-4 Week Weight Loss Warrior Challenge
• Just Improve It-3 month body fat improvement program
• Personal Enrichment Program or P.E.P
• My Story…an opportunity to inspire others
Health Promotion also offers appointments for Body Composition Analysis and Metabolic Rate Analysis.
“Were also excited to provide Commanders a worksite assessment tool, guidance on implementing a Commanders Wellness Program and briefings we can bring to their troops”, Nelson said. “We are partnering with other helping agencies and hoping all Offutt AFB members will answer the call.”
“It starts with each individual taking an inward look at their own life and identifying the area’s where there’s room for improvement. The next step is to embrace the wingman concept and bring other’s along on the journey you’ve started yourself,” he added.
• Pre-registration is necessary for all classes and appointments.
• For Body Composition Analysis or Metabolic Analysis appointments contact Health Promotions directly at 402-294-5977
• All classes and programs are held at Health Promotions located on the East side of the Field House, except for Heart Healthy Living, which is held at the Clinic 1st Floor TOPA Conference Room