|COLONEL JOHN T. RAUCH JR.|
Colonel John T. Rauch, Jr. is the Commander, 55th Wing, Offutt AFB, Neb. He is responsible for organizing, training, and equipping six groups and 32 squadrons executing worldwide intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; electronic attack; command and control; presidential support; and treaty verification missions. He is also responsible for base support to 50 associate units, including U.S. Strategic Command, Air Force Weather Agency, and more than 57,000 active-duty members, civilians, family members and retirees.
Colonel Rauch received his commission in 1989 through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps program at the University of Colorado, Boulder, Colo. He served in numerous flying tours and his staff assignments include the Air Force Intelligence Directorate, Legislative Liaison Directorate, AETC and U.S. Special Operations Command. He commanded the 763rd Expeditionary Reconnaissance Squadron and the 338th Combat Training Squadron. Prior to his current position, he was the commander of the 552d Air Control Wing, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
Colonel Rauch is a master navigator with more than 3,100 flying hours.
1989 Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder, Colo.
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1997 Master of Arts in Organizational Management, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2001 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Master of Airpower Art and Science, School of Advanced Airpower Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 NATO Defense College, Rome, Italy
2009 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
1. September 1989 - June 1990, student, Specialized Undergraduate Navigator Training, Mather AFB, Calif.
2. October 1990 - February 1991, student, KC-135 Combat Crew Training School, Castle AFB, Calif.
3. March 1991 - July 1995, RC-135 instructor, evaluator navigator and operations group executive officer, Offutt AFB, Neb.
4. August 1995 - June 1997, Air Force Intern Program, Intelligence and Legislative Liaison Directorates, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
5. June 1997 - July 2000, instructor navigator, flight commander and assistant operations officer, Joint Specialized Undergraduate Navigator Training, Randolph AFB, Texas
6. July 2000 - July 2001, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. July 2001 - July 2002, student, School of Advanced Air Power Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. July 2002 - July 2003, Deputy and Director Air Education and Training Command Commander's Action Group, Randolph AFB, Texas
9. July 2003 - December 2004, Operations Officer, 38th Reconnaissance Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
10. December 2004 - October 2006, Commander, 338th Combat Training Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
11. October 2006 - February 2007, Deputy Commander, 55th Operations Group, Offutt AFB, Neb.
12. February 2007 - August 2007, student, NATO Defense College, Rome, Italy
13. August 2007 - June 2009, USSTRATCOM Special Operations Support Team Chief, USSOCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
14. June 2009 - July 2010, Vice Commander, 55th Wing, Offutt AFB, Neb.
15. July 2010 - June 2012, Commander, 552d Air Control Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
16. June 2012 - Present, Commander, 55th Wing, Offutt AFB, Neb.
Rating: Master Navigator
Flight Hours: More than 3,100
Aircraft flown: E-3B/C/G, RC-135U/V/W and T-43
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 11, 1989
First Lieutenant July 11, 1991
Captain July 11, 1993
Major July 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2002
Colonel August 1, 2007
(Current as of June 2012)